Pinan Sandan moves 4-6 application one
One of the most common arm locks in existence, used by police forces all over the world. It's the arm up the back... With a follow on wrench to make sure the fight is over. This sequence is just the mirror image of the first on the other side.
- Opponent faces you with his right hand gripping your left hand, wrist, or forearm.
- Move round to your left and the opponents right as you execute the uchi-ude-uke. Your forearm impacts his elbow and causes it to fold, the hikite with the left should free your hand.
- As the uchi-uke moves to the right it will cause the opponent to rotate anti-clockwise away from you.
- Grab his right elbow with your right hand and right wrist with your left hand.
- The first double block pulls the elbow down and pushes the wrist up the back. Opponent is now restrained with his arm up his back.
- The second double block pushes the elbow in and up and rotates the wrist from up the back out and down. If completed it will damage both the shoulder and the elbow joints severely.