Pinan Yondan moves 5-6 application two
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Elbow break. Though the same technique also works against a wrist also.
- The sequence begins with the opponent standing facing you, having a grip of your left forearm with his right hand.
- Bringing your left arm over to the right hip orients the opponent's arm and body.
- Push down with the left arm first, and pass your right arm under the opponent's right arm and place/brace your right wrist on top of your left. This is the X. You are creating a triangle with your two arms, and the opponent's arm as the base of the triangle.
- Position the opponent's straightened right elbow with your right forearm.
- Then simply execute the morote-uke with force.
- This movement will break the elbow joint.