Pinan Shodan moves 28-30 application one
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a mirror image of the previous section and runs to the end of the kata.
- Opponent holds your left forearm with his right hand.
- Pull hikite with your left arm towards your left hip.
- Move round to the right of the opponent and strike down at his right elbow with the gedan barai, this will cause it to bend and fold.
- This also causes the opponent to bend over to the right.
- Stepping forward in zenkutsu-dachi places your leg to your left side of the opponent.
- The right hand movement of the age-uke frees your right arm of the grip of the opponent and pulls hikite towards your right hip.
- The rising movement of the left arm in the age-uke strikes the opponent round the neck area, aiming approximately at the carotid artery.
- After hitting him, grip the opponent's hair or collar with the left hand.
- Rotate backwards and to the left pulling the opponent over approximately backwards.
- He should end up on his back at your feet.
- end of kata