Pinan Shodan moves 1-3 application one
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In most grappling based martial arts this would probably be called a variation of a figure four arm lock.
- The sequence begins with the opponent standing facing you, having a grip of your right hand, wrist or forearm with his left hand.
- Step round to your right, (the left of the opponent) while dropping your weight back.
- Raise your gripped right arm above your head, raise your left arm behind your opponent's upper arm, his should be bent at 90° at this point.
- You have now caught your opponent's right arm using your left. By pushing down with your right you are using your left forearm as a fulcrum and levering his arm and shoulder backwards causing him to lean over backwards.
- Pulling your left arm up towards your ear allows you to grab his left elbow with your left hand.
- Pull the opponent's elbow up and over with your left hand and pull his wrist down towards your hip with your right.
- This movement dislocates the opponent's left shoulder.