Pinan Godan moves 21-22 application one
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Defense against a kick and a takedown/throw.
- Opponent stands in front of you and kicks with his right leg.
- The up stroke of the gedan-barai to the front with the left arm catches his leg and passes it to the right which begins to hoist it up and pulls the opponent towards you. The heian variant of the kata emphasises the scooping and catching movement with the nukite.
- At this point the opponent's right leg is caught in your right arm at the knee.
- The down stroke of the gedan-barai pushes the opponent backwards over your front leg.
- You retain his knee when on the ground.
- The anti-clockwise body rotation in the following movement will put pressure on the still locked knee joint of the opponent on the ground.