Pinan Godan moves 1-3 application one
The following application is a shoulder dislocation, or restraint.
- The sequence begins with the opponent standing facing you, having a grip of your right hand, wrist or forearm with his left hand.
- Step round to your right, (the left of the opponent) while dropping your weight back.
- The uchi-uke crosses your body left to right and bends the opponent's elbow. The right to left return movement rotates the opponent away from you clockwise leaving him facing away from you.
- The hikite with your left hand pulling to the hip pulls the opponent over and bends him over your left leg in back stance or cat stance.
- The gyaku-tsuki "punch" simply grabs his right shoulder. It will simultaneously free your right hand.
- The hook punch with the left arm, pushes the opponent's elbow up his back, and the other hand guides his shoulder down towards your right hip as you stand up from the back/cat stance.
- Opponent ends up face down in front of you, left arm up his back. His right shoulder approximately at your hip.
- If done as the kata, he will sustain a left shoulder injury.